Monday, November 17, 2008

I miss working...

I've been in a jewelry business for quite sometime now and had the opportunity not to work in summertime to be with my daughter. But this time, I completely stopped working. I really miss my job maybe because I loved what I was doing. I even took up a diamond course from GIA (Gemological Institute of America)to be more qualified on selling those expensive stone. I miss working specially this time of the year where we get big bucks because of our commission. But I think it would be hard for jewelry business to make a cut in today's economy. One thing I love about being in a jewelry business, customers buy diamonds for LOVE, not as a commodity. It is also an emotional purchase. I witnessed women teary eyed after receiving their dream diamond, and a smile glued on their face once they got the piece that they love. It was a beautiful sight to witness and as a jewelry professional we really are elated witnessing one of the best times of their lives.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=11dbf46afee43cadfb622991c31ea766 ss_blog_claim=11dbf46afee43cadfb622991c31ea766