Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Food Dyes and Behavior...

I was reading the news last night and this one caught my attention:
" A consumer advocacy group called on the Food and Drug Administration to ban the use of eight artificial colorings in food because they have been linked to hyperactivity and behavior problems in children. The colorings the center seeks to ban are : Yellow 5, Red 40, Blue 1, Blue 2, Green 3, Orange B, Red 3, and Yellow 6. Dyes are used in countless foods are sometimes used to simulate the color of fruits and vegetables. The additives are prevalent in the cereals, candies, sodas, and snack foods." (source: health news story-WCVB Boston)
Everytime I give cereals or snacks to my daughter, I always check the sugar content of it. I never thought that those colors that kids attracted to can give so much problem with their health. It was easy for me to avoid foods that I thought not good for her when she was under 3 years old, but now that she goes with me at the grocery stores, goes to school, asks for the snacks she wants, How can I get rid all of those? I dont know. (Anyways, it is good to be aware & avoid those foods as much as I can than feeling sorry later on.)

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=11dbf46afee43cadfb622991c31ea766 ss_blog_claim=11dbf46afee43cadfb622991c31ea766