Credits

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mango -The Heavenly Fruit

One good thing that I love about spring aside from being so joyous and full of energy are the variety of tropical fruits that are available in the market. Like mangoes, this fruit is not available all year round. I've been buying this since the start of the spring. I am lucky that I can now buy it in our local market. It is not as delicious as the ones grown in the Philippines but the taste is close enough to satisfy my craving.
I usually eat it with bread for breakfast or make a smoothie out of it. My little girl loves it too. I buy a lot each week and wait until it becomes golden yellow in color to enjoy its sweetness. Mangoes help to lower cholesterol, the fiber content is a wonderful aid to digestion regularity and they are rich in Vitamins A and C. they provide more carotinoids than other fruits, and are also low in calories.

1 comment:

YANZ said...

mangoes are one of my favourite fruits =D
but...mango with bread???? never tried that before =P

 

ss_blog_claim=11dbf46afee43cadfb622991c31ea766 ss_blog_claim=11dbf46afee43cadfb622991c31ea766